Guernsey’s insurance industry forum has partnered with a local sustainability consultancy to validate it's Environmental, Social and Governance goals.
UN1TY will work to take the Guernsey International Insurance Association’s ESG journey to a conclusion.
The GIIA has also announced several enhancements to its ESG framework.
· Annual revalidation for all validated kitemark members;
· Pillar 2 – Risks Underwritten; will be enhanced to provide further guidance on how to measure impact against SDGs;
· Pillar 3 – Investments Held; will raise the bar by which companies must comply to reach a satisfactory level under the kitemark;
· The assessment will be widened to acknowledge and consider all 17 UN SDGs;
· Pillar 4 – Reporting will be enhanced to consider the carbon footprint of applicable members.
Adele Gale commented for GIIA: “We have taken time to assess a number of external validators to ensure they would offer excellent partnership to our members and have the vision to take their ESG journey to its conclusion.
“Speaking to Rollo and the team at UN1TY it was clear we shared a vision for the future of sustainability and how core it is to Guernsey and the insurance industry globally.”
Rollo de Sausmarez, on behalf of UN1TY, added: “We are pleased to support GIIA’s members by providing external validation. UN1TY provides strategic advisory services on a range of critical functions including technology, sustainability, marketing, customer experience and project management. Accordingly we are well placed to support GIIA members through the validation process and beyond."
Once your comment has been submitted, it won’t appear immediately. There is no need to submit it more than once. Comments are published at the discretion of Bailiwick Publishing, and will include your username.
There are no comments for this article.