|Location:||St Peter Port|
Click a thumbnail to view fullscreen gallery
One of the island's foremost homes, Sainte Royale stands in a commanding position on the upper slopes of Havelet Valley with elevated and panoramic views that take in all of the historic harbour of St Peter Port, its sea approaches and across the neighbouring islands of Herm and Sark to the distant coastline of France.
Of recent construction to a design from CCD Ltd, one of Guernsey's leading firms of architects, the property has been built and orientated to take full advantage of its prominent site above Hauteville House, the home of Victor Hugo while in exile, and the former garrison road leading to Fort George.
A contemporary residence with echoes of Rococo styling, the property manages to combine a blend of modernism with the character of a period build. High ceilings and generous fenestration has resulted in an elegant interior with high light levels and a spacious feel. Ranging over four floors, this is family accommodation taken to a different level and no expense has been spared in sourcing the highest specification fittings and finishes.
The property offers up to seven bedrooms in the main house and a further two in an attractive guest or staff gatehouse. The two principal bedrooms also include en suites, dressing and sitting rooms. The main living rooms include a reception room, a dining room, a stunning live-in family kitchen, a day room, home office, library, cinema and media room, a wine cellar and tasting room, indoor swimming pool, snooker and games room, a fully complete health suite and an extensive basement providing plant and storage rooms.
Outside, and forming part of the courtyard, a linked garage block houses three to five vehicles and allows maintenance access to the plant rooms. The gardens are landscaped to provide an attractive and fully useable space featuring a central lawn, a circular garden and party room, an ornamental pond, a luxurious outdoor kitchen, a rill water feature and even a small kitchen garden.
Without doubt, one of the most outstanding properties in all of the Channel Islands.
* Premier Island home with gatehouse annexe
* Impressive and luxurious new build on elevated position with superb views
* Elegant, well appointed interiors
* Indoor pool and health suite
* Home cinema and wine cellar
* A residential property categorised as Part A on Guernsey's Open Market Housing Register and available for occupation by those holding a British or European Economic Area passport.
* Services and Notes The sale includes the fitted fittings, the fitted carpets and floor coverings, the curtains and blinds as hung, the fitted light fittings and the fitted appliances. A full inventory will be prepared at the time of sale and further items may be available for purchase, subject to separate agreement.
* Directions: Enter Les Vardes off Colborne Road, go past the junctions with Montville Road and Les Godaines. As the road goes over the brow of the hill, Sainte Royale is on the right hand side behind a pair of entrance gates. Perry's Guide Map Reference: Page 25 F3. GPS: Latitude: 49.458924 Longitude: -2.54476.
« Return to Adverts