Click a thumbnail to view fullscreen gallery
Situated just a stone's throw from one of Guernsey's finest West Coast beaches, this historic and characterful property was built by the fourth Baron de Saumarez in the style of a Breton Chateaux in the early 18th Century. It has a commanding presence in the area and a striking architectural style that features two towers and high pitched gables in an attractive mix of local granite and smooth white painted render to give a great sense of curb appeal.
The ground floor of the original manor house is ideally set out for entertaining with typically well-proportioned reception rooms leading towards a more recent extension on the South elevation that overlooks the garden and provides informal family space. The accommodation features up to five bedrooms and five bathrooms, while a guest cottage offers semi-independent living or a potential income stream.
Externally the gardens and grounds are predominantly South and West facing with high levels of privacy both by the swimming pool or on the all-weather tennis court.
Garaging, outbuildings and an abundance of parking complete this excellent seaside home which has particular potential for those wanting to combine an outdoor lifestyle with a home rich in charm and period detail.
* Large family home with local market cottage
* Enclosed south facing gardens
* Swimming pool and tennis court
* Close to popular west coast beaches
* Double garage and additional parking
* Carteret Manor is situated just a stone's throw from Guernsey's popular West Coast, including Cobo Bay and Grandes Rocques beach. The property has almost immediate access to the many amenities of the area, including a supermarket, local butchery, the Cobo Bay Hotel and several restaurants for fine dining whilst overlooking the bay.
* The school catchment area for the property is La Mare de Carteret Primary and High School.
* A regular bus route is available either from the coast road or Rue du Galaad.
* Services and Notes Mains electricity, water and drainage. Oil fired central heating. The property has a mix of hardwood and UPVC double glazing. TRP 1101.
* Directions: Travelling North along Cobo Coast road, take a right on to Route de la Mare de Carteret. The property is the tenth along on the right hand side before the filter. Perry's Guide Map Reference: Page 8 B3.
« Return to Adverts