The Joint Emergency Control Centre was notified of a waxy substance washing up at Cobo, and States Works have now been called in to clean it up.
We should report any unusual substances found to Agriculture, Countryside and Land Management Services.
Dog owners should take extra special care, and be on the lookout for the substance along our beaches, since we still don’t know exactly what it is and it could be dangerous if eaten.
Pictured: Pancreatitis can lead to severe abdominal pain and heart problems for canines.
A similar incident happened in 2013 and 2014 when decomposed lumps of palm oil washed up on our shores.
If ingested by dogs it can cause extreme gastrointestinal upset – sometimes it can lead to pancreatitis.
You should email email@example.com if you see any suspicious or unusual substances on our beaches or in the sea.
Pictured top: If you’ve already picked some of the substance up please double bag it and put in a general waste bin.
Once your comment has been submitted, it won’t appear immediately. There is no need to submit it more than once. Comments are published at the discretion of Bailiwick Publishing, and will include your username.
There are no comments for this article.