Thursday 13 August 2020
Select a region

Payroll support extended for some sectors

Payroll support extended for some sectors

Friday 31 July 2020

Payroll support extended for some sectors


Businesses in certain sectors that are continuing to suffer financially have been invited to apply for the second phase of payroll co-funding support.

Applications can be made from 1 August for support from the scheme between 1 July and 30 September.

Certain businesses that can demonstrate that they are still struggling with turnover can apply for reimbursement for 80% or 100% minimum wage co-funding on a monthly basis.

Eligible sectors include non-essential retail, restaurants, events companies, travel agents, arts and entertainment which act as tourist activities, hospitality and taxi services.

The scheme will run on a monthly basis until 30 September and businesses will need to apply each month. 

Those with turnover of 40-70% ordinary levels will be eligible for 80% reimbursement and be expected to contribute the remaining 20%. Those with turnover below 40% of ordinary levels will be able to apply for 100%.

Businesses outside of the eligible sectors are likely to still be impacted, but will not receive automatically be entitled to payroll support.

However, a Spokesman for the States said that: "Any such business is welcome to apply for the support and their case will be judged on an individual basis, though additional information will likely be required."

From 1 August, the application form will be available on https://covid19.gov.gg/guidance/business, and Business Support can be contacted either at business.support@gov.gg or by telephone on 743803.

Sign up to newsletter

 

Comments

Once your comment has been submitted, it won’t appear immediately. There is no need to submit it more than once. Comments are published at the discretion of Bailiwick Publishing, and will include your username.

There are no comments for this article.

To place a comment please login

You have landed on the Bailiwick Express website, however it appears you are based in . Would you like to stay on the site, or visit the site?