Tuesday 07 February 2023
Select a region
News

Guernsey Electricity to replace substation in St Peter’s

Guernsey Electricity to replace substation in St Peter’s

Monday 29 August 2022

Guernsey Electricity to replace substation in St Peter’s

Monday 29 August 2022


Guernsey Electricity will be replacing a key substation in St Peter’s over the next two months in advance of increased demand over winter.

The work will be undertaken in three phases to minimise disruption in the Rue du Felconte and Rue des Adams area. Guernsey Electricity said the new equipment will “improve resilience and increase capacity in the local network, providing electricity to around 50 residential properties”.

The work requires the closure of Route du Felconte from 3August to November. Route des Adams will also be closed from Wednesday 14 September through to Wednesday 19 October.

Road_closed.jpg

Pictured: Guernsey Electricity will be undertaking the work in three phases to minimise disruption. 

Head of Distribution, Mike Lloyd, said the installation of the substation would help secure customer supplies. 

“This installation forms an important part of our continual investment in the Island’s infrastructure and is required to make the local electricity network more robust and resilient,” he said. 

"It has been designed to meet the increasing needs and demands of homes and businesses in the area. This work is necessary to allow us to replace a faulty substation and needs to be completed before the demand increases so we can maintain secure customer supplies in the area.”

Phase one of the project will see Rue du Felconte closed from 30 August to 14 September. 

Screenshot_2022-08-26_at_12.29.46.png

Pictured: Phase two will see the service installed across the junction of Rue du Felconte and Route des Adams in St Peter's. 

For Phase two, both Rue du Felconte and Route des Adams will be be closed from 14 September to 19 October while the service is installed across this main junction.

The third and final phase will see Rue du Felconte closed from 20 October to 3 November. 

Mr Lloyd added: “To minimise inconvenience, we liaised closely with Traffic & Highways and delayed the work as much as possible until after last week’s West Show. We appreciate everyone’s patience during this period and our team will endeavour to reduce the disruption where possible.”

Sign up to newsletter

 

Comments

Once your comment has been submitted, it won’t appear immediately. There is no need to submit it more than once. Comments are published at the discretion of Bailiwick Publishing, and will include your username.

There are no comments for this article.

To place a comment please login

You have landed on the Bailiwick Express website, however it appears you are based in . Would you like to stay on the site, or visit the site?