Ahead of the debate on the future of secondary education getting underway, Deputy Matt Fallaize penned a 45 page response to a list of 75 questions posed by a campaign group calling on the States to 'pause and review'.
He said that he took the time to answer the questions "to improve public information and understanding, and to further the education debate prior to the Requête".
The 75 questions had been posed in an open letter top ESC, by the campaign group People Power Guernsey.
They include queries over how vertical tutoring groups would work at the two colleges, how a proposed enrichment programme will work, how staggered lunchtimes will work and how students views on the proposed changes were collated.
The questions also cover the appointment of a new Director of Education, the levels of expenditure linked with the transformation of secondary education and how it aligns with the UN Convention of the Rights of the Child.
Pictured: Deputy Matt Fallaize (l) has responded to 75 questions posed by People Power Guernsey of which Mark Mauger (r) is a member.
The Committee for Education, Sport & Culture received the 75 questions last week.
Deputy Fallaize said they "principally concerned the design and implementation of the One School, Two Colleges model" and so he answered them ahead of the debate to ensure clarity was available to all interested in the matter.
The answers were drafted by Deputy Fallaize, with his ESC committee members, staff officers and senior school leaders.
Pictured top: Deputy Matt Fallaize was presented with a petition signed by more 6,000 people who are against his 'two-school' plan, as he arrived at the States on Wednesday lunchtime.
Once your comment has been submitted, it won’t appear immediately. There is no need to submit it more than once. Comments are published at the discretion of Bailiwick Publishing, and will include your username.
There are no comments for this article.