This job involves assisting senior staff in dealing with the daily administration of a defined portfolio of clients, in an efficient, accurate and timely manner.
As part of a structured induction programme and ongoing training, you will learn the general administrative tasks pertaining to Trust & Company administration, whilst aspiring to achieve a first level, relevant trust qualification and the role of Senior Trust Administrator.
You will ensure that you maintain confidentiality of information at all times.
Corporate & Professional Responsibilities
- To promote and support the aims and image of the firm.
- To develop and maintain effective working relationship with all colleagues.
- To co-operate with colleagues to promote an open and supportive environment.
- To carry out duties in a careful and professional manner, acting in a way that supports and upholds the reputation of the business.
- Establish and develop working relationships based on confidence, trust and respect, exhibiting professional and personal integrity at all times.
- To respond positively and promptly to client demands
- To provide consistent high quality service to clients
- To ensure that work activity is completed to the standards, guidelines and deadlines required
- To meet targets and objectives set by managers and have an understanding of the consequences associated with missing deadlines
- To review all work (and clear review points) before handover to the line manager so that the number of manager/senior manager review points is minimal.
- To manage own time and workload in order to meet deadlines.
- To seek feedback from others regarding own performance and produce SMART objectives and complete PAD review.
- Attend agreed relevant courses to improve technical knowledge and embark on and complete a relevant qualification.
- To keep the manager/assistant manager up to date with progress on work.
- To assist other colleagues within the team or another team when they are in need of support and share existing knowledge and skills for the benefit of the team.
- Where possible, to find solutions to problems prior to approaching manager or colleagues.
- To ensure that communication is reviewed prior to issuing in line with firms procedures and to ensure that all communication, written, telephone, email and face to face is courteous, polite and accurate.
- Ensure proper completion of all aspects under the PlainSail timekeeping system
- Ensure that all office and departmental procedures are adhered to.
- Assist, set up and maintain statutory records including minutes of directors and shareholders meetings, trustee resolutions.
- Acquire a good working knowledge of the computer system and post relevant information as required.
- Complete day to day bookkeeping for companies and trusts up to trial balance.
- Assist, then with experience and training become competent in liaison with bankers over remittance of money, deposit accounts and investment transactions.
- Open trust and company bank accounts.
- Liaise with brokers over investment transactions and settlement instructions.
- Assist and after training have a working knowledge of the formation of limited companies and setting up of new trusts.
- Liaise with clients and associates by telephone and written correspondence.
- Be aware of compliance procedures and ensure that all documentation regarding client review is provided to client reviewers in a timely manner.
- Any other relevant duties as requested by your Manager.
- Minimum of 5 GSCEs, including Maths and English at C grade or above
- Excellent working knowledge of the organizations philosophy and culture and awareness of business objectives and strategies
- To undertake and attain the CGI (formerly known as ICSA) Cert or STEP Certificate
- Good communication skills and ability to develop effective relationships at all levels
- Effective organisational and planning skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficient in all relevant IT programmes
- Dedicated and highly professional approach with total commitment to best practice with a pro-active approach
- Ability to work independently, use initiative and to prioritise work
- Ability to work in a timely manner, and to meet deadlines when under pressure
- Supporting approach regarding management decisions
- Demonstrate full compliance with all legal requirements and all relevant to the organizations policies
- Demonstrate full adherence to all GFSC regulatory and Data Protection requirements
For more information please visit https://jobs.recruitly.io/widget/apply/shea7b534d9af9484896b51c9b95b8f46165.
« Return to Adverts