Fund Services, Accounting Manager, CI
TMF Group helps its clients operate internationally and belong wherever they are in the world. Our work includes helping companies of all sizes with business services such as HR and payroll, accounting and tax, corporate secretarial, global governance and administration and fiduciary services for structured finance, private equity and real estate investments.
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for managing service delivery for a portfolio of complex alternative investment fund structures administered by TMF and reviewing the teams output to ensure the highest level of accounting service is delivered to clients.
- Acting as the primary client contact for all financial reporting and fund accounting matters
- Managing the audit process: conducting detailed planning; being a central point of contact for all audit queries; ensuring the approaches adopted are appropriate and that issues raised are resolved expediently; ensuring that all parties are kept informed of the status; and ensuring timely clearance for approving the accounts and ancillary documentation
- Planning workload, prioritising and managing own time accordingly, to ensure client service of the highest standard is consistently delivered
- Maintaining pro-active communication to ensure that the Senior Accounting Manager is kept appraised of status and to allow them to accommodate periods of absence and/or peak demand
- Demonstrating good attention to detail in all work that is undertaken to ensure the highest level of service is delivered to clients and ensuring that the team produces accounting data accurately, efficiently and within agreed timeframes
- Review all work performed by more junior members of the team relating to their assigned portfolio
- Working closely with counterparts on other teams to ensure seamless and coordinated client service delivery
- In addition to the duties listed above, the Accounting Manager may be requested to perform any other ad hoc duties or projects as requested
- Hold a Bachelors Degree in a relevant discipline
- Holds a professional accountancy qualification
- 3-5 years experience gained in either a financial reporting team or audit firm (preferably PERE but experience of other fund types is acceptable)
- Detailed knowledge of and experience in fund accounting (preferably PERE but experience of other fund types is acceptable)
- Extensive experience of financial statement preparation
- Excellent knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP
- Experience in operating an investment accounting system (preferably Investran but other systems are acceptable)
- Have a good understanding of the transactions undertaken by alternative investment fund structures along with broader product and industry knowledge
- Ability to learn quickly and work within a team under the guidance of a manager/mentor
- People management experience desirable but not essential
Make an impact
Our global presence in more than 80 countries allows you to impact how global and diverse clients do business as well as give back to the global communities we operate in
Be part of One TMF
At TMF Group, its our people who make us who we are. Our company thrives on entrepreneurial spirit and is full of proactive people who combine enthusiasm with responsibility and accountability.
A world of opportunity
Regardless of where you are in your career, TMF Group opens a world of opportunity where you will be part of our team and is supported in your global career journey.
For more information please visit http://careers.tmf-group.com/cw/en/job/542836.
« Return to Adverts