Airport Security Agents
Full DescriptionAbout the Role
To conduct aviation security functions in
accordance with UK National Aviation Security Programme Directives operated
under Channel Islands regulatory requirements and in accordance with Company
and Customer service delivery standards.
The successful individual will be required to
conduct access control, screening, searches, patrol and guarding duties in
order to deter and detect terrorist or criminal activity towards aviation.
The following is a list of duties which will
be conducted, although duties may not be limited to these functions.
Access Control Duties:
- Restrict access to the Critical Part of the Security Restricted Area of
Guernsey Airport and Harbour and associated controlled areas to only those with
a valid access requirement via manual and access control equipment.
- Checking the validity of boarding passes for passengers.
- Checking the validity of ID documents for all aircrew, ground staff and
control authority personnel and their vehicles.
- Challenging individuals who do not appear to have a right of access.
- To deter and detect prohibited items that may be
used against aviation targets.
These include but are not limited to Improvised Explosive Devices,
Firearms, Sharp and Blunt Implements, Tools, Dangerous Goods and
restricted liquid items.
- Use of technology including Advanced Metal
Detectors, Cabin Baggage X-rays, Hold Baggage X-rays/Explosive Detection
Systems, Liquid Explosive Trace Equipment and Explosive Trace Detectors.
Patrol, Guarding and Other Duties:
- Searching of passengers, aircrew, ground staff
and control authority personnel following activation of security equipment
and/or on a random basis via body search techniques.
- Searching of cabin baggage, hold baggage plus all
retail goods, food, drink and all equipment required within the Critical
- Searching of vehicles.
- Searching of aircraft.
- Highly visible presence within the airside and landside areas.
Challenging/reporting individuals displaying unusual behaviour.
- Ensuring doors/areas are secure and reporting any compromises.
- Reporting/dealing with unattended items.
- Guarding of aircraft, baggage or areas as required.
- Terminal forecourt vehicle management.
- Lost & Found repatriation plus storage of Left Luggage.
- Assistance with Terminal Evacuation.
How to apply
To apply for this job please email email@example.com.
For more information please visit https:www.g4s.com/en-gb/who-we-are/guernsey.
« Return to Adverts